Sunday, July 21, 2013

Confidence Is In The Eye Of The Beholder

Aren’t girls funny? Aren’t we funny, especially with our hair? I mean, our hair sets our total vibe of who we are, our style. What goes better with your new chevron pattern dress than a hipster bun on the top of your head? Or daisy duke shorts and long loose curls. Feeling frumpy? Pull it up in a ponytail to complete your I’m a mom and I don’t give a hoot look. I’ve always used my hair as a safety net. Because, let’s be honest, I don’t have that rocking hot bod to center my style around. So instead I use my hair. I always felt most confident with my long locks. There’s just something about long red hair that gives me that confidence boost when my extra 10 pounds and I are out in public. It was easy to be the “girl with long red hair”. But now…I’m 25 with a husband, a baby, and….short hair. Where oh where is my confidence going to come from?

Found it.

It comes from my husband. Long hair, short hair, un-showered, sweat pants, or no makeup…I’m just as fabulous to him as those hot Victoria’s Secret models that I know he checks out in the commercials. I no longer worry about what the sexy man in the grocery store line thinks of me and my current do. I now take into full consideration that the only man I want to attract prefers short hair. And so it was done.

Love that man of mine. 



No comments:

Post a Comment