Thursday, November 1, 2012

Just A Few

Just a few things I’ve come to realize…
1.     The sacrifices I thought I made to have a child no longer seem like sacrifices.
2.     I respect my body.
3.     I respect my parents and love them in a completely new way.
4.     I find my baby’s pain feels much worse than my own.
5.     I believe once again in the things I believed in as a child.
6.     I’m constantly thinking of someones all day instead of somethings.
7.     Every day is a surprise.
8.     I look at my baby in the mirror instead of myself.
9.     I have become a morning person.
10.  My love has become limitless, as if a superhuman power.
11.  I don’t mind going to bed a 9pm on a Friday night.
12.  I realized that those 15 pounds I can’t seem to get rid of are totally worth having.
13.  I’ve discovered an inner strength I never thought I had.
14.  Where I was once afraid, I am now fearless. And where I was once fearless, I’m now afraid.
15.  Showering is a luxury.
16.  I’ve realized the love you can have for a complete stranger.
17.  The support I get from my family.
18.  Watching my husband become a father and feeling my love for him grow.
19.  If I didn’t believe in love at first sight before, I do now.
20.  I can have the most wonderful conversation using only vowel sounds.


Just a few things I don’t want to forget…
1.     My first word when I saw you was “baby”.
2.     How my mom had to tell me to touch you when they placed you on me. I was just in awe.
3.     Your daddy never left your side at the hospital.
4.     I found out your weight and length via facebook.
5.     You spent the first three weeks constantly in my arms.
6.     You learned to smile at four weeks.
7.     You like to sleep on your side.
8.     If you’re not sleeping, you have to be moving.
9.     Your favorite room is the bathroom. You love the shower curtain, the wall, and running water.
10.  You love the dancing flower to entertaining you during diaper changes. 


1 comment:

  1. I just love your posts you are so creative and cute with them. My baby's all loved the sound of running water too. It reminds them of the nice warm wom that mommy provided for them.

    ReplyDelete