Monday, May 30, 2011

For It Is By Grace You Have Been Saved Through Faith...

...and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God.

Defending Faith
As Brent and Faith we looking up the scripture to go along with today’s sermon, Faith defends her knowledge of the truth. Future missionary for sure!

“Someone told me once that the Bible was made up. You know what? That made me really sad. So I yelled at them and told them it really is true and they should read it.”


"You make me smile Faith. Amen." 

Graceful Tears
As I left the stage after performing our morning Worship, I glanced down at the girls in their chairs. Grace had tears streaming down her face. When I reached my seat next to her, she collapsed into my arms, drenched with tears.  I asked her what was wrong and why she was crying so. I don’t think I could have gotten a more profound answer from such a beautiful soul. 

“Sometimes, when we sing to God, it makes me so happy that I cry.”
"Me too." I said


We cried together.



How could someone, anyone, deny our God when we have such proof of his unrelenting and constant love for us.  Children are so blessed with God’s knowledge and strong faith that they have a “special window” into His divinity.  Thank God for little children and their ability to teach me the simple things that I have long forgotten. 

"See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.


Matthew 18:10


No comments:

Post a Comment